.

October 24, 2010

Hodgepodge

Summer is definitely behind us. I know this because I'm now complaining of being cold when I'm at home.

I hate winter for many reasons, but the fact that my apartment is never comfortably warm during the cold months is a big factor in this hatred.

I live in an old building. And I'm pretty sure the windows haven't been replaced in several decades. So cold air leaks in. And since the management company has shown no interest in upgrading much of anything, these windows are not going to get replaced any time soon. The leaking is so bad that when it's really windy out, my curtains actually move with the "breeze". I do cover the windows with plastic each winter, which helps some, but not completely.

And since I'm now working from home, my complaining may just get worse...unfortunately, my desk & work space is right next to the largest windows in my place.



So, I've decided to make some changes. I have ordered curtains that block out drafts. These tend to be pretty expensive (about $40/panel). But I found a huge deal and got them for $10! Hopefully they live up to their word.


Bed Bath & Beyond

I also bought some fingerless gloves to wear when at home.


www.etsy.com/shop/DonidoDesigns

If nothing else, they're really cute!

~~~~~~~~~~

When you live in 550 square feet, you have to very organized. And I am an organizing freak...anyone who knows me well can attest to this.

And I can be pretty handy when I need to be.

I turned this



into this



I even have my very own set of tools!



So with this shelving unit, I now have a place to neatly store all my paper.



There, doesn't it look better, now?




~~~~~~~~~~

One of the photographs in my Etsy shop was recently featured in a blog. How cool is that?



http://strandofpearlslife.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-mornings.html

~~~~~~~~~~

I just received my new business cards. Aren't they adorable?



And I'm going to turn some of them into fun bookmarks.



You want one, don't you? I will be including them in every package I mail out to my customers. So make a purchase & you'll get one of your own!

~~~~~~~~~~

I will be adding some new Thanksgiving items to my shop soon.

Here's a sneak preview



Speaking of Thanksgiving, are you looking for a unique Thanksgiving card to send out? I recently added a photograph, which can easily be turned into note cards.



They're $25 for 10. Email me if you would like to place an order.

~~~~~~~~~~

I just finished a custom order for baby shower favors. I'm so tickled with how they turned out!



~~~~~~~~~~

It's supposed to be really windy over the next couple of days. I guess the days of admiring the gorgeous trees will soon be gone.



~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, that's enough hodgepodge for one day. If you're still reading this, thanks for sticking with me!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment