.

October 7, 2010

Birthday Blessings

Today is my birthday (well, for another hour)

Don't birthdays cause you to reflect on your life, even just a little bit? They do for me.

And to be completely honest, I would admit that my life now at 34 years old isn't at all what my younger self thought it would be at this age. The difference between what I thought I would be & what I currently am is a tough pill to swallow sometimes. But it's not completely a bad thing, either (my younger self thought I would be a teacher...it's a good thing for everyone that I'm not!). But despite these "differences" (good & bad), one thing is true. I am richly blessed in this life.


I have the most amazing friends & family.
I am able to take a long & worry-free sabbatical from a career I didn't enjoy.
I have a roof over my head. And a refrigerator full of food.
I live in a city where I've always wanted to live.

And on my birthday...

I have a fresh bouquet of flowers



I received the coolest birthday card. Ever!



I have blue skies, colored trees & 75 degrees



I made some fun holiday cards, while spending time with a good friend



And I have a God who has given me all these things. But more importantly, One who has a plan for my life. Even if it's not the plan I thought (and sometimes still think) I should have.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

I really am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment