.

May 26, 2010

Not Alone

Apparently I'm not the trendsetter I thought I was...

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/109636/more-workers-start-to-quit?mod=career-worklife_balance

There seems to be a recent movement of people quitting their jobs to pursue something else. I was watching a daytime talk show the other day (no, I don't watch tv all day, I promise!) and the topic of discussion was the idea of people quitting their jobs due to lack of fulfillment. The question came up, is this a generational idea? It seems to be. I've never heard my grandparents or even my parents say they were leaving a job because they weren't feeling fulfilled.

So what is it that fulfills us? What happens if we don't find it? Why do believe we need to find fulfillment in our jobs?

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment