.

June 8, 2010

Summer Concert

One of my favorite places to go in Chicago is Millennium Park.



It's a great place to people watch, or to find a spot of grass to call your own (if only for a few hours), to bring an iced coffee & settle in with a great book.

And during the summer, there are free concerts all the time. Who doesn't like music & who doesn't love that it's free?!?

Last night was one of the first concerts of the summer and the group playing was She & Him. The lead singer is Zooey Deschenel, the actress from the movie Elf. Indie music isn't usually my favorite genre, but I listened to a few of their songs & really like it. So I decided to go. After all, the weather was great & it was free!

The concert was to start at 6:30. I got there at 5:00 with some food, a blanket & a book to pass the time. I thought an hour and a half would be ample time to find a great spot and settle in. Instead, this is what I found...



Needless to say, I didn't find a spot. This was a huge crowd! Like movies in Grant Park size crowd. It only got worse from this point on. Apparently, She & Him is a pretty popular group! Thankfully, I found a spot along the wall with a great view of the stage and stationed myself there for the next 3 hours.



While I waited for the music to start, I had prime view for people watching. And I came to one conclusion: I am definitely not following the fashion trends of this summer, and I'm actually ok with that. It looked like a Forever 21 store exploded on the crowd. There is some pretty scary & weird stuff out there.

Is this a sign I'm getting old?

And in case you're interested to hear She & Him, here's a link to a video. They gave a great concert. In fact, I downloaded one of their albums today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ3cTwI9bIw

No comments:

Post a Comment