.

September 11, 2011

9/11


(credit: http://gothamist.com/tags/tributeinlight)

10 years.

10 years ago today I turned on the tv in the lobby of our office & watched as the news unfolded from "a small plane hit the World Trade Center" to "we're under attack".

After all these years, I still get choked up when I hear the stories of that day, or watch the now familiar images on tv.

My junior year in college (April 1998), I went with my Personal Finance class on a trip to New York. We stayed at the hotel beneath the Twin Towers, and even went to the top of one of the towers to take in the view.

Here are some photos from that trip. They seemed insignificant at the time.


Truthfully, until that trip, I'd never really heard of the World Trade Center. I knew New York for the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building & Rockefeller Center. But now, those towers are so much a part of my life, reshaping everything around us in 2001.

May the peace of God be on those who lost loved ones on that tragic day. And may God bless the men & women who fight for our freedom every day.

Lamentations 3:20-23
I will remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love
we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment