.

November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

A time to be thankful. And I'm incredibly blessed & thankful for those blessings.

I love Thanksgiving because it's mainly about being with family. People will jump through hoops (or this year, endure excessive pat downs at the airport) to make it home for the holiday. Christmas is about being with loved ones too, but there's so much more stress & activity at Christmas.

This year, I drove home on Wednesday morning & went straight to my grandma's house to help get everything ready for the big dinner.



I then went to my sis's house to help her prepare food. And since I've never seen Harry Potter (and my sister is obsessed with it) we watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Thanksgiving day was spent with the Lehman family eating dinner, napping in front of the tv, going through the Black Friday ads, and playing games.

That night, back at my sister's, we watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. And since we were up, my brother-in-law, sister & I went to check out the stores that were opening at midnight. We found a couple of good deals & were home by 1:00 a.m.

Black Friday was spent shopping. More good deals found. Also found: crabby & rude people, long lines, messy stores, & crazy drivers. Nothing like enjoying the holidays!

Saturday, I went with my dad at 6:00 a.m. so he could buy a flat screen tv at Walmart. Amazingly, there was hardly anyone out. We also stopped at Kohls to grab some things I had seen on Friday, but didn't want to wait in line for. Again, no one in the store. That's the way to shop! Later that morning I spent a couple of hours in Hobby Lobby. I've decided I could live in that store. Seriously love it. I got some adorable stuff I can't wait to play with. Maybe you'll see some new things in my Etsy shop soon :)

And those gifts I bought this weekend were wrapped & ready to go under the tree.





Saturday was pizza & movie night at my parent's.

My drive back to Chicago today was thankfully uneventful.

Now I need to figure out how to rearrange my apartment to fit my Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment